Public Awareness Coordinator
Job Purpose: Responsible for the strategic planning, development, and implementation of all of CAN Council’s marketing, communications, and public relations activities. Fulltime position.
CAN Council Values: Adaptability * Collaboration * Ethics * Cultural Competency * Professional Growth * Quality * Service
Reports to and Evaluated By: Development and Communications Manager
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associate degree accepted with appropriate experience; excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and experience using Microsoft 365, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator preferred. Experience using Constant Contact or similar e-marketing platform. Comfortable developing and following brand guidelines in both digital and print design. Strong copywriting and proofreading skills. Strong attention to detail and accuracy along with organizational skills. Ability to work independently along with also being a member of the Administration team.
Public Awareness Coordinator Duties
• Develop and implement public awareness initiatives for CAN Council programs, marketing, and fundraising campaigns, along with volunteer recruitment efforts utilizing social, broadcast and print media, company website and other marketing channels.
• Develop website content and create social media posts for regional promotion of organization programs, events, and volunteer recruitment.
• Leverage relationships with print and broadcast media outlets to support agency needs. Edit all public communications for every CAN Council program (i.e., brochures, letters, wish list, etc.).
• Oversee development of collateral materials including program brochures, handouts, and educational materials in coordination with AGP & Associates, Inc.
• Create all collateral not provided by AGP & Associates, including PowerPoint presentations for CAN events, reply devices, web materials, annual awareness campaigns, and brochures.
• Establish content, edit submissions, and manage graphic design of the bi-monthly CAN Council e-newsletter and regular e-blasts.
• Manage creation and distribution of CAN Council’s Annual Report.
• Serve as staff liaison to the Public Awareness Committee.
• Ensure Corporate Partners and sponsors are recognized appropriately according to donor agreements.
• Utilize Customer Relations Management (CRM) system for report creation, report analysis, and constituent communications.
• Train and oversee one Digital Communications and Marketing Intern for each semester.
• Manage public awareness campaigns in compliance with grant requirements.
*Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, June 22, 2021.