Seasonal General Labor - Electric
This is a skilled maintenance position requiring proven skills and experience in a variety of general maintenance disciplines. Work will primarily involve a variety of maintenance activities maintained by the Electric Department.
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Performs manual labor tasks, including painting and general repairs. Transports supplies and equipment as required.
• Clean up work site upon completion of each assignment or workday.
• Notifies supervisors concerning the need for repairs found out in the field.
• Operates a variety of manual and/or power equipment and tools.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Working in or near ROW's
• Manual labor tasks involving the use of hand tools and equipment as well as small power tools, and
occasionally mid-sized motor equipment.
• Performs general grounds keeping duties including but not limited to trash and debris removal, mowing lawn, sweeping of walkways, weeding, and watering landscape around Bay City Electric Light and Power property.
• Custodial duties to include cleaning of work areas, shops, offices, storage areas, lavatories, and locker
• Stockroom duties to include stocking shelves and assisting with inventory.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be available to work flexible hours on a regular basis.
• Ability to interact with members of the public in a courteous and professional manner.
• Ability to perform required job duties in a safe and responsible manner.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and carry out assigned job tasks.
• Ability to maintain positive working relationships with the public and other employees.
• Ability to take measurements and keep records of daily activities with a high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to work effectively under time constraints and pressure.
• Ability to safely operate gas-powered maintenance equipment.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the proper, safe, and efficient use of equipment and methods used in the
execution of all work.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid State of Michigan Driver's License and safe driving record.
• Knowledge of basic maintenance techniques and practices concerning the Electric department and/or
general maintenance operations, preferred.