Cleaning Crew Member
Cleaning Crew Member
Status: Part time, Permanent
Application deadline: Open until filled
Be part of a team to do the day-to-day cleaning of the Nature Center facilities. Each year, thousands of people of all ages and abilities learn about nature at Chippewa Nature Center (CNC), and we pride ourselves in providing state-of-the-art facilities. The Cleaning Crew helps ensure that CNC facilities are maintained to the highest level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Buildings (Visitor Center, Resource Building, others as needed): Keep interior of buildings in clean condition: vacuum, sweep, mop, clean windows and bathrooms, dust sills and ledges and empty trash. In addition, assist in maintaining kitchens (operate dishwasher, clean tables, countertops, refrigerators and freezers).
- Program Support: Provide support for events, rentals, school luncheons, etc., including moving tables chairs and other furniture
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position, including lifting tables and other furniture, bending, stooping, stretching, walking, etc. This includes using a mechanical floor scrubber and able to climb ladders to dust and service ceiling lights.
- Must work well with others and represent the Nature Center in a professional manner
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Must have working knowledge and display safe use of cleaning products
Status: Part time exempt
Schedule: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evenings (3 hrs/night between 4:30-11 pm) plus every 5th weekend, and special events once they resume
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation and Benefits: $10/hour, CNC membership, 20% Nature Center Store and registered program discount
To apply: Send resume and references to Tom Lenon – Director of Land & Facilities at email@example.com or 400 S Badour Rd, Midland, MI 48640
Application Deadline: Position open until filled
Overview: CNC is a nonprofit, environmental education organization. Its mission is to connect all people to nature through educational, recreational and cultural experiences. The 1,200-acre property includes woodlands, fields, ponds and rivers. CNC’s facilities consist of a Visitor Center with Ecosystem Gallery, classrooms and Nature Center store; an 1870s Homestead Farm complex; Nature Preschool; an arboretum and over 19 miles of nature trails. Visit www.chippewanaturecenter.org for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employment: CNC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, height, weight, handicap or disability, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable state or federal laws.