Seasonal Maintenance Worker
Please note: these positions will not be hired directly by the City, however referred to a Temporary Agency to complete the application/hiring process.
All positions are temporary, non-union, with no benefits.
Please follow the link below to apply directly:
Seasonal Maintenance Worker
- Performs a variety of general labor duties. Work assigned may be primarily manual labor tasks involving the use of hand tools and equipment, as well as small power tools, and occasionally mid-size motor equipment if the necessary skills and abilities are demonstrated. Examples of duties include: grounds work, mowing, equipment operation and maintenance, trash pickup, raking and shoveling, watering landscapes, cleaning restrooms and porta-potties, painting, and providing services for special events.
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs general grounds keeping duties including but not limited to trash and debris removal and light maintenance to playground equipment, public parks, City properties and shelters.
- Performs manual labor, including but not limited to mowing, shoveling, and cleaning and disinfecting of restrooms, shelters, and porta-potties.
- Operates hand and power tools and equipment; drives and operates trucks and riding mowers utilized in park maintenance.
- Observes all work rules and safety practices established by the City.
- Repairs and maintains building structures; paints shelters and equipment.
- May assist in graffiti removal.
- Assist in spring and fall clean-up.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Work requires regular in-person attendance on the days and times scheduled.
- Ability to interact with residents and members of the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical work for long periods of time and ability to withstand all types of adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints.
- High degree of visual and manual dexterity for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and carry out assigned job tasks.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with the public and other employees.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possession of a valid State of Michigan Driver's License and safe driving record at time of appointment preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and a minimum of six (6) months previous experience general labor experience operating large equipment, tractors, mowers, trucks, and pulling trailers preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the proper, safe, and efficient use of equipment and methods used in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and recreational activity areas.
- Good mechanical and technical skills preferred.