Float Personal Banker Associate
Make banking a Fifth Third better®
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
Provide excellent customer care to customers regarding daily transactions, addressing inquiries, and problem resolution, in accordance with Fifth Third Bank policies. Refer customers to the appropriate business partner for products and services uncovered during business interactions and/or conversations. This role will be expected to travel to various Financial Centers within the market.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote good customer experience by consistently providing best in class customer satisfaction by adhering to and applying customer experience key behaviors in a friendly demeanor, exemplifying a can-do attitude, and portraying a willingness to help at all times.
- Have a developed rapport with the customer base and have knowledge of account ownership.
- Act with confidence by answering and/or finding answers to customer questions and finding solutions to customer issues.
- Be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution.
- Maintain a position of trust and responsibility by keeping all customer business confidential.
- Follow the Bancorp Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other related policies, maintaining ethical behavior at all times.
- Perform daily office responsibilities, working with the platform team, to maintain the efficient operation of the office.
- Maintain a balancing record that is in line with policy and have the ability to find and correct outages and to enlist help as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of the bank policies and financial center procedures, and take responsibility to keep up to date on any changes.
- Handle consumer and business customer problems with professionalism, directing more complex issues seamlessly to the Lead Customer Service Representative or other leadership as necessary.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in decision making, abiding appropriately to established guidelines and procedures.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales referrals, as set by management.
- Actively involve self in daily huddles, sales meetings and staff meetings.
- Maintain a well-developed working knowledge of the complete line of Retail products and services offered, taking responsibility to keep up to date and request assistance for further development needs.
- Initiate conversations to uncover customer needs and effectively refer customers to business partners for the selling and cross-selling of bank products and services.
- Utilize appropriate tools for all referrals sent to business partners for tracking purposes.
- Consistent daily review of tools and dashboards for referral progression and monitoring of referral fulfillment to ensure proper disposition of referrals.
- Continuously increase knowledge and skills through self-motivation, formal education, seminars and in-house training.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Work involves extensive cash handling, which requires ability to perform advanced math functions.
- Work involves contact with the public, necessitating the ability to present a professional image.
- Must have the ability to interact comfortably and confidently with the public and demonstrate the initiative to initiate dialogue.
- Work requires the ability to properly read and write well enough to communicate in both oral and written form.
- Position requires in-depth knowledge of retail policies and procedures in order to perform the essential duties with minimal supervision, which is usually acquired with a minimum of 2 years of CSR experience.
- Work requires the ability to take initiative and utilize sound judgment in decision-making and diplomacy and tact in problem resolution.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with the ability to interact well, and in a positive manner, with co-workers and management.
- Need to have flexibility in scheduling.
- This position requires SAFE Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
- Normal office environment.
- Extending viewing of computer screens.
- Travel will be required.
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.