Public Safety Officer
Qualified applicants will be highly motivated, career oriented, and have strong interpersonal skills. The City of Bay City, Michigan, is located near the Saginaw Bay at the juncture of two major freeways U.S. 10 and I-75. The city, population 34,932 (2010 Census), is a major recreation and entertainment center, approximately 120 miles north of Detroit. As the county seat and largest municipality in Bay County, Bay City has been a center of commerce, industry, government and culture.
All Applicants must:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be a United States Citizen.
- Possess at a minimum an Associate's Degree or have 60 college credits, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Have no felony convictions, misdemeanor convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. No history of criminal or improper conduct. No poor employment or irresponsible financial history.
- Possess a valid Michigan driver's license. Within the last 36 months; must have had fewer than Eight (8) driving violations points; no more than one (1) chargeable accident; and no conviction for OWI [lifetime].
- Be Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) licensed. The Bay City Department of Public Safety accepts qualified out-of-state certified officers.
- Possess certification as a Firefighter I and II or the ability to obtain certification as a Firefighter I and II.
- Be of good moral character.
- Have not been dishonorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces.
- Application Packet which includes the Application for Employment and Authorization for Release of Information for Employment Purpose
- Copy of Driver's License
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- High School or GED Transcripts
- College Transcripts
- Training Academy Transcripts
- M.C.O.L.E.S. certification/training certificate or equivalent out-of-state cert.
- Firefighter I and Firefighter II certification (if certified)
Optional Documents: Veteran, DD214 form (if applicable)
Note to Applicants: The application and authorization for release of information must be filled out in detail. In the event that there is not sufficient space on the application for your answers, additional sheets must be attached. Read all statements and questions carefully before answering. All questions must be answered. In the event that a question does not apply to you, place the letters "n/a" in the space provided for the answer. It is the applicant's responsibility to supply the above required documents when returning the employment packet. It will not be accepted and/or processed unless copies of the above items are received.
How to apply: Complete application packets may be faxed to 989-895-0916 or mailed to City of Bay City, Law Enforcement Center, 501 Third Street, Bay City, MI 48708.