The mission of the Director Workforce is to attract and retain talent, investment, and directly support the business community by increasing the population and workforce participation in Bay County.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Placemaking to build functional platform for marketing and storytelling that includes resume upload, housing, events, etc.
- Work directly with Great Lakes Bay Michigan Works! to identify “hot jobs” in the community and encourage increased resume uploads from local candidates, those outside the area and trailing spouses.
- Collaborate with other organizations to identify and remove barriers to employment in the Bay Area, including K-12, Higher Education, Housing and Realtor Organizations, EDOs, Transportation and others.
- Plan events (job fairs, information sessions, etc.) as stand alone or with other organizations.
- Attend quarterly meetings with the Stakeholder Committee with an analytic update, summary of actions taken, and actions planned.
- Presentations to community stakeholder groups, including but not limited to Chambers of Commerce, local government entities, EDOs, for profit and non-profit organizations.
- Promote available accelerative support and resources to current and prospective businesses and developers (SBDC, Infuse, Incremental Development Alliance, MEDC programs, etc.)
- Ensure deliverables to private sector funders on an annual basis.
- Develop new and support current volunteer efforts.
- Vendor management as appropriate
SKILL & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Michigan Works! organizational structure and processes
- Experience in resume database systems
- Expert in talent acquisition processes
- Management of contractors and contractor work
- Ability to work with diverse community stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to track multiple projects from start to finish.
- Ability to engage with underrepresented communities.
- Strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Google Drive, Microsoft Office, social media platforms
- Bachelor's Degree with coursework in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
Full-time/Contract; The employee work schedule is 40 hrs per week and may involve evening activities. Four (4) days in office; One (1) day remote; Full benefits package including paid time off, holidays, health care and retirement.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.