Marketing Assistant - Seasonal
Please note: these positions will not be hired directly by the City, however referred to a Temporary Agency to complete the application/hiring process.
All positions are temporary, non-union, with no benefits.
JOB SUMMARY: The duties of this position will include confidential and skilled work for the Electric Utility. Independent working and self-motivation is critical. The work required involves considerable computer skills, telephone skills, and familiarity with office equipment. Work will focus on developing advertising and display materials for the utility's energy waste reduction (EWR) programs, website maintenance, and will also involve off-site assignments, such as working with local schools and businesses to sign-up EWR program participants.
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
An eligible applicant may be called upon to participate in any or all of the following activities: (These examples do not include all of the tasks an applicant may participate in.)
- Creates layouts and designs communications such as presentations, flyers, newsletters, event support materials, and brochures
- Assist in setting up education and marketing opportunities with local schools and businesses.
- Assist in maintaining records of energy savings and program costs.
- Processes rebate applications and maintains rebate databases.
- Interact with customers and the public to explain programs and sign-up participants.
- Assists with maintaining social networks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interact with members of the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to perform required job duties in a safe and responsible manner.
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and carry out assigned job tasks.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with the public and other employees.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and pressure.
- High degree of mental, visual, and manual dexterity for sustained periods of time
- High degree of accuracy requiredi
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a valid standard driver's license
- Must understand verbal and written materials and instructions; communicate effectively with the public, outside agencies, and city staff in a variety of situations.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position.
- Students pursing a Bachelor's degree in graphic design, marketing, communications or business administration preferred. Knowledge of energy efficiency programs is a plus.
- Ability to work independently on confidential assignments; must use discretion in the handling of all confidential analysis, data, and reports.
- Experience in Social Media monitoring and website maintenance platforms highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability in a variety of office software including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, In-Design and Adobe Design Suite).
- Must have an awareness of safety, understand the importance of safety, and be able to apply safety practices to the execution of all work.
Two design samples are required with your resume and cover letter. Class work is accepted as a sample.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place. Bend, climb, kneel, twist, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise moves in a constantly changing environment. Lifting, carrying, pulling, and pushing up to 25 pounds regularly; 30-35 pounds frequently. Ability to stand for the entire work day and ability to work on uneven ground. Withstanding temperature extremes and inclement outdoor weather. Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers. Incumbent must be able to see and hear in the normal range with or without correction.