Status: Part time, permanent
Application deadline: August 12, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
Help create lasting memories of time spent in nature for visitors young and old and of all abilities.
Job Summary: Join a staff of creative, energetic professionals who work together to connect all people with nature through educational, recreational and cultural experiences. CNC is in search of a Marketing Manager with a passion for promoting CNC and its offerings.
Objective: To create promotional materials that enable CNC staff to deliver programs to its members and the general public through various marketing initiatives, and to provide support to help maintain and grow sustainable resources.
- Maintain regular communication with Director of Marketing & Communications regarding current and upcoming projects and deadlines and gather necessary information for all assignments
- Collect information from Executive Director, department Directors and staff to meet deadlines for various regular and special projects
- Design print and digital marketing materials such as the newsletter, enews, ads, videos, various brochures, year-end appeal and annual report
- Establish priorities around multiple deadlines
- Enter program information for database-driven CNC web calendar and various online calendars
- Promote CNC through various social media channels
- Export content and distribution lists from various database software
- Capture CNC programs through photography and videography
- Produce videos promoting CNC programs, events and fundraising
- Other duties as assigned
Status: Part time, permanent
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Schedule: 20-25 hours/week, Monday-Friday (4-5 days/week) with occasional weekend and evening hours
Start Date: September 6, 2022
Compensation & Benefits: $17/hour, 403(b) annuity plan with voluntary additional contribution, staff uniform, CNC membership, 20% discount in Nature Center Store, 10% discount on registered program member fee
Application procedure: Send cover letter and resume to Jamie Hockstra, Director of Marketing & Communications at email@example.com or 400 S Badour Road, Midland, MI 48640
Application Deadline: August 12, 2022
Overview: CNC is a nonprofit, environmental education organization. Its mission is to connect all people to nature through educational, recreational and cultural experiences. The 1,500-acre property includes woodlands, fields, ponds and rivers. CNC’s facilities consist of a Visitor Center with Ecosystem Gallery, classrooms and Nature Center store; an 1870s Homestead Farm complex; Nature Preschool; an arboretum and 19 miles of trails. See www.chippewanaturecenter.org for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CNC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, height, weight, handicap or disability, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable state or federal laws.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, marketing, communications or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience
- Computer proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office
- Experience with video production, preferably using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience using social media in a marketing capacity
- Competency with electronic (web-based) communications including interactivity (hyperlinks, bookmarks, online editors)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to organize information from numerous staff and departments, including supervisor, related to marketing initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to people of various abilities and generations
- Able to work in an environment that has a moderate noise level, open office concept
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekends and evenings