President & CEO
The Mid-Michigan Children’s Museum is seeking a highly qualified individual to fill the role of President and CEO. Our mission is to provide a hands-on environment that encourages children to use their curiosity and creativity to learn about the wonders of our world. We are searching for an experienced candidate that shares that mission and strives to help us achieve it.
The President and CEO of the Mid-Michigan Children’s Museum (MMCM) is responsible for the daily operations and successful pursuit of the MMCM’s financial goals. A qualified candidate will handle responsibilities relating to administrative operations, exhibition planning, and income management.
Leadership and Management Responsibilities
- Provide efficient daily management of all administrative operations and delegate work as necessary
- Cultivate a culture that promotes a team-based environment and retention of qualified staff
- Develop and diversify collaborations and partnerships to advance the MMCM’s goals
- Manage MMCM’s financial operations and produce all necessary materials for the annual audit
- Develop a strong Board of Directors and serve as ex-officio member of each sub-committee
- Supply the Board of Directors with accurate, and timely reports required for informed decisions
- Bring recommendations to the Board in matters related to objectives, policies and strategy
- Identify and help recruit new Board members whose talents, interests, and commitment will help to advance the MMCM’s mission and programs
- Seek opportunities to publicly advocate for the MMCM as the spokesperson
Exhibit and Programming Responsibilities
- Provide direction for the development of innovative, engaging, and accessible exhibits, outreach, and educational programs
- Leverage the galleries in ways that deepen and diversify guests’ experience
- Work with other museums, field professionals, schools, volunteers, and community members to strengthen programming and exhibits;
Income Management Responsibilities
- Work with the Board and staff to drive annual fundraising events and appeal
- Research and apply for grant opportunities and contributions from foundations, businesses and government entities
- Strengthen fundraising systems, workflows and donor recognition
- Monitor grant compliance and generate necessary reports
- Bachelor’s degree or related field experience required
- Minimum three years of experience directing business and program activities is required, preferably for a non-profit organization
- Strong management background with proven success developing innovative programming, cultivating community relationships, and enhancing fundraising events
- Proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience
- Experience working with donors, community leaders, and Board members to financially strengthen an institution
- Measurable success increasing earned and contributed revenue
- Strong understanding of financial management practices;
- Strong marketing and public relations experience;
- Customer-focused, hospitable personality
Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by January 18th, 2021.
Mid-Michigan Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer.