Visitor Services Coordinator
The Visitor Services team works together to welcome and orient visitors, conduct program registrations, communicate with visitors via phone, email and in-person, facilitate gift shop sales and connect visitors to other staff members. The Visitor Services Coordinator will support the team while simultaneously working alongside them in achieving team goals. Located in the Visitor Center, this team plays a critical role in both internal and external communications. This position provides the opportunity for a flexible schedule when coordinated with other team members. Hours will be pre-scheduled normally including 2 weekend days per month and occasional evening hours to support special events 2-3 times a year.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule and manage the visitor services team
- Greet, orient and count in-person visitors
- Assist callers with basic information and/or route to appropriate staff
- Partner with naturalist in gift shop merchandising and management in addition to conducting sales transactions
- Manage the ordering and storage office supplies
- Assist with registration for CNC programs
- Process mail and ship packages
- Maintain the welcoming atmosphere of the Visitor Center
- Partner with program staff to manage building schedule
- Awareness of building calendar and campus schedule
- Monitor two-way radios to support programs in the field
- Attend biweekly All Staff meetings
- Minimum 3-years of experience working in a public-serving office situation or other relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate positively with a diverse population including staff, volunteers and visitors of all ages and backgrounds
- Experience and abilities in office procedures and skills including proficiency in multifunction copier, postal meter, point of sale software
- Computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows platform and Microsoft Office package
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, creativity and initiative
- Associate or bachelor degree in business, hospitality or related field
- Demonstrated success as a team leader
Schedule: 30 to 40 hours/week, 7 days a week 8 am-5 pm (12-5 pm on Sunday) including 2-3 pre-scheduled weekend days required per month
Hourly Rate and Benefits: Hourly rate based on experience and education. Health insurance; 403(b) contribution; paid holidays, vacation and sick time; CNC membership; 20% discount on registered programs and in Nature Center Store.
Application Procedure: Send cover letter and resume to Lori Plante, Director of Finance and Operations at email@example.com or 400 S Badour Rd, Midland, MI 48640
Application Deadline: April 23, 2021
Start Date: June 7, 2021
Overview: CNC is a nonprofit, environmental education organization. Its mission is to connect all people to nature through educational, recreational and cultural experiences. The 1,500-acre property includes woodlands, fields, ponds and rivers with 19 miles of trails. CNC’s facilities consist of a Visitor Center, an 1870’s Homestead Farm complex, Nature Preschool, Resource Building and Duplex. Visit www.chippewanaturecenter.org for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employment: CNC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, height, weight, handicap or disability, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable state or federal laws.