Health Advantage Credit Union Reopens Their Lobbies
On Monday, June 15, Health Advantage Credit Union announced it reopened its branch lobbies for teller transactions, coin machine and shredding services. Appointments are still required for Opening a New Account, Applying for a Loan, Applying for a Home Equity and making Changes on an Existing Account. You can schedule your appointment online at healthadvantagecu.com.
In a statement, President/CEO Laura Crase said, “The branch experience will feel quite different than before, but our commitment to creating an exemplary member experience has never been stronger.”
According to information from Health Advantage, the branches will operate according to current health and safety guidelines set by the State of Michigan, Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization.
The credit union announced new policies for branch activity:
- We kindly request our members wear a face mask. This is a simple precaution we can all take to help protect one another.
- Members will be asked to self-assess themselves related to COVID-19 symptoms prior to entering our lobbies and will be asked to refrain from entering the Credit Union if they are experiencing symptoms or have been exposed to someone with confirmed COVID-19.
- There will be 6-foot spacing decals on the floors, please adhere to proper social distancing by following floor decals. You may be asked to wait outside or in your vehicle until we can safely allow you to enter a branch lobby, as we do not have a waiting area at this time.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed on our teller stations and member service desks. Due to social distancing there will only be two tellers working the lobby at this time. Please be prepared for potentially longer wait times than usual.
- There will be hand sanitizer and individual use pens available in the lobbies.
- Surfaces within each branch will be sanitized throughout the day, followed by a thorough cleaning each night.
“The health and well-being of our members and employees remains a top priority,” Crase said. “We look forward to welcoming our members back and we appreciate their understanding and kindness as we navigate how to best serve the community during this challenging time.”
About: Health Advantage Credit Union has been taking care of the healthcare community and their families since 1970. The credit union offers financial services to employees, independent contractors, or self-employed persons who regularly work in the healthcare industry in the State of Michigan. Today the credit union is 12,000 members strong with two branch locations. For more information about Health Advantage Credit Union, visit www.healthadvantagecu.com.