URGENT: Request from our Healthcare Systems to supply Personal Protection Equipment...
URGENT: Request from our Healthcare Systems to supply Personal Protection Equipment & Necessary Materials
Regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) | Personal Protection Equipment & Necessary Materials
The regional health systems need your help to address supply shortages for the COVID-19 response. At the request of the regional health departments, THRIVE (Transforming Health Regionally in a Vibrant Economy), a co-led initiative between the Michigan Health Improvement Alliance (MiHIA) and the Great Lakes Bay Regional Alliance (GLBRA) is coordinating this process.
The President has called upon various industries to donate what they are able to provide in terms of N-95 respirators and other supplies to hospitals. It is unclear how many respirators or other supplies will be forthcoming to this area out of Michigan’s allocation from the Strategic National Stockpile, but the number is unlikely to meet the need. We can expect current clinical supplies to be exhausted.
- N-95 Masks
- Hand Sanitizer (>60% alcohol)
- Disinfectant Wipes (>60% alcohol)
- High Efficiency Air Filter
- Clear Face Shields
- Clear Safety Glasses
- Surgical Gowns
- M4 Red Top Tubes
- Dacron Swabs (for sample collection)
If you have materials that you are able to supply, please note the following:
- Fill out the link in the “Survey for Materials” link HERE.
- Businesses can drop materials off to SVSU beginning Monday, March 23rd between 9:00am and 5:00pm.
- A designated and secured area for materials is available at the SVSU Ryder Center (please see map HERE).
- Please note, a specific code or process to gain access to the designated area will be provided ASAP in a follow-up email.
If you have any questions, please email Dallas Rau at email@example.com or Tera Szeliga at firstname.lastname@example.org.