About the Bay Area Chamber of Commerce
The Bay Area Chamber of Commerce was founded in 1882 as the Bay City Board of Trade and took its current name in 1967. As a membership organization, the Chamber works to bring together businesses and community members for the economic growth and well-being of the entire Bay Area. Our role is to continually improve the economic climate, business environment, and quality of living in the entire Bay Area.
Actively Make the Bay Area a Better Place to Live, Work & Play!
- Advocacy: Join over 700 businesses in the Bay Area to create a business-friendly economic and legislative environment.
- Diverse Membership: From entrepreneurs and young professionals to 150-year old businesses, create a climate for all professionals and businesses to grow and thrive through diversity in leadership.
- Unified Business Voice: Engage and provide feedback through participation in the business community's premier member-based organization.
- Education: Collaborate with others to help identify skills gaps, connect students and employers, and access in-person and online learning opportunities.
- Sense of Place: Promote the affordability, resources and activities available in the community as a part of the Great Lakes Bay Region.
Our Vision: The Bay Area Chamber is a facilitator and collaborator that supports a thriving community and economic growth. It is a resource for all businesses and advocates for diverse business interests in Bay County and the Great Lakes Bay Region. It has an engaged membership that works to influence the community to be more business-friendly and competitive for jobs.