COPOCO Community Credit Union
Credit UnionsBanksFinancial ServicesInvestment ServicesLoansMortgage Lender
- 4265 E. Wilder Rd. Bay City MI 48706
- (989) 684-1873
- (989) 684-3631
- Send Email
- Visit Website
Drive-Thru M-F 8:30am-5:30pm & Sat 8:30am-noon
Lobby M-F 8:30am-5:00pm
24/7 mobile app or copoco.org
Wilder Office - corner of Bangor and Wilder Roads, Cabaret Trail Office - off Bay and McCarty, Straits Office - at US10 and Mackinaw Roads
History of COPOCO Credit Union
COPOCO Community Credit Union was chartered on July 15, 1951 as The Bay City Division COnsumers POwer COmpany Federal Credit Union by five employees of the Northeast Division of Consumers Power Company. In 1954, they changed the name to COPOCO Federal Credit Union. In 1965, they became a state chartered credit union and changed the name to COPOCO Credit Union.
Looking at the strengths and security COPOCO Credit Union was able to provide their members, several smaller credit unions began working underneath the umbrella of COPOCO Credit Union and were eventually merged in. The first merger occurred in the mid 1970’s with Bay Farm Bureau Federal Credit Union. In 1984, Bay County Area Credit Union was merged, in 1985 both Bay Electric Federal Credit Union and Bay City Electrical Workers Credit Union merged and in September of 1986, Bay City Postal Federal Credit Union merged into COPOCO Credit Union.
On June 1, 2002, the Credit Union changed the name to COPOCO Community Credit Union. With this new community designation, COPOCO is now able to serve Bay and Arenac Counties, the eastern portion of Gladwin and Midland Counties and the northeast portion of Saginaw County.
January 1, 2010 COPOCO CCU opened a branch at 3262 Cabaret Trail S., Saginaw MI through the credit union merger of Mid Michigan Family Credit Union. Our community charter now includes all of Saginaw County.
To serve our membership more efficiently in the Great Lakes Bay Region, COPOCO CCU built and opened a third branch January 2, 2013. It is located within the heart of the re